About Me

My photo

Tracie Skarbo was motivated to write by her father, who was her biggest supporter. “He was always behind me, rallying me on with my writing. I would always see him with a book in hand. He gave me a great appreciation for the written word, and the power and responsibility that writers have to shape those who read their words. He also taught me to respect nature and to value the beauty within it; my reflections on my environment are just an extension of this.” Skarbo was raised on Vancouver Island and is working on her next two books.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The wind and I

Burst through
warm cocoon
into bluster

Boisterous cold
bites into my alone;
a demanding child

Icy raindrops
sneak under my cap,
moist kisses

I quicken past
tempered glass
and reflection shards

into consumer halls
of regurgitated air
and paranoid anger

I struggle through
throngs and almost
become lost myself

Birthed from deliberate womb
I celebrate in freedom
the gull high above rides grey gale

Breathe deep my independence
watch others caught in the
Sunday rain-slave traffic

I listen to red-yellow
leaf litter
scrape across asphalt

3 comments:

  1. despite the bad weather you were one with nature, nice write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful spirited poem Tracie
    Good to see your writing once more
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. o like how the wind bites at your alone and the rain slips in for a kiss....ha...what a duality in the relationship with nature...smiles...the skritching of the leaf in the end...i can hear it...smiles.

    ReplyDelete